Welcome Parents! The St. John School Parent Association (PA) looks to you – our vibrant parent community – to come together to support activities, events, and service opportunities at our school. Get involved and join us for an exciting year ahead including:
- Back to School BBQ (September)
- Families Help the Homeless Night (November)
- Sweetheart Dance (February)
- Mother/Special Friend & Son Event (Spring)
- Parent Education (Dates TBD)
- Parent’s Night Out – or In – Your Choice (Dates TBD)
All St. John Parents are members of the Parent Association. Learn more about PA-sponsored events and how you can be involved by using the navigation links on the left side of the page. Monthly PA meeting dates are published on both the PA and the school calendars – all parents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Questions? Contact your PA co-chairs, Liz Overland and Tricia Kane-Yi
Mark your calendars and save the date! The ever-popular Sweetheart Dance will take place on February 8 in Egan Hall at 6pm. All St. John Girls, grades PreSchool-8: invite your Sweetheart, get dressed up, and come out for a night of fun. Bring any special adult (Mom, Dad, Uncle, Grandma, big Cousin – you get the idea) and join us for loads of treats, music, activities and more!
Tickets, $10 per person, go on sale next week. All proceeds go to support our Parish ministry, Westside Baby.
This is a wonderful and fun event; to make it as special as it is, we need volunteers. Please consider volunteering:
Sweets and Snacks
Decorating and Chaperones
Sponsored by the Fourth Grade and the St. John Parent Association, St. John Families Help the Homeless is a service learning event for the whole family. The fourth-grade classes are coordinating a supplies drive to build care kits for the homeless in our community. The collection drive runs from November 4 through 15. Please bring in one or many of the items listed below to support this effort! There are collection boxes in the classrooms and a table will be in the courtyard at pick-up on November 13 and 14, weather permitting. Then join us on Tuesday, November 19, 6:30pm, Egan Hall for community, stewardship and cookies! There will be a short educational presentation on homelessness in our area and then each family will put care kits together. The goal is to create enough kits for each family to take 2-3 to give away to those in need. This is a great way for the entire family to participate in providing some comfort during this cold season.
- Socks, gloves, hats for adults and children (small enough to fit in gallon Ziploc bags)
- Individually packaged food items such as granola bars, crackers, tuna packs, instant oatmeal, fruit leather
- Gently used, or new, children’s books (small enough to fit in gallon Ziploc bags)
- Hand wipes (travel size – no liquid hand sanitizer, please)
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant (travel size)
- Individual tissue packets
- Cough drops
- Lip balm
- Maxi pads (no tampons, please)
- Hand warmers
- Tea bags (individually packaged)
- Plastic utensils
- Gallon Ziploc bags
- $5 denomination gift cards (McDonald’s, Fred Meyer, Starbucks, etc.)
- Cash donations are always welcome! 100% of cash and checks (made out to St. John School) will be used to purchase additional goods.
The Dessert Competition was a huge success! Thank you to all those who brought desserts. The desserts were delicious, and the judging was fierce. The winners are:
- 1st place and $125 in Tom Douglas gift cards: The Weissinger Family for their chocolate truffles
- 2nd place and $50 Dick’s Drive-In gift cards: The Lawrence Family for their lemon posset
- The Department Winner goes to the Primary grades; they will receive a special dessert and extra recess.
A huge thank you to all who volunteered at the Back-to-School Celebration! We couldn’t have done it without you!
Carlene Merlino, Paul Yi, Erik Davidson, Tim Overland, Eric Souder, Joe Kearney, Emilio Salvador, Peter Schrappen, Jason Robertson, Julia Tsurusaki, Shannon Flavin, Diana Navarro, Becca Young, Katrina Kithene, Aimee LaMarch, Geeta McCormack, Tracy Robertson, Hai Wei, Menge Lui, Adrey Ocampo, Brent Stinebrickner, Nelle Steele, Andrew Exnicios, Page Harader, Brian Haid, Renee Christensen, Teresa Rivera, Jessica Kelley, Betsy Smith, Kara and Mike Dacquisto, Allan Quiaoit, Tyler Christofferson, Karen Bombino, and Ethan Stowell.