The stated mission of Parent Association is “to facilitate, encourage and ensure ongoing community building by providing activities, events, and service to the parish school. Parent Association is a vehicle supporting communication between home and school, offering a mechanism for education and serving as a structure for political action when needed.” This will be accomplished in accordance with the policies of the Archdiocese of Seattle and the goals of this parish in collaboration with the Pastor and Principal.
All parents of students attending St. John School are members of Parent Association. Parent Association collaborates with the school and parish to ensure ongoing community building by providing activities, events, and service opportunities.
Your talents and support are needed this year more than ever! Join the Parent Association Leadership Team!
Below are the general descriptions of the classroom-level roles, modified for COVID restrictions. As with everything else in these challenging times, the details are fluid – we are looking for a team within each grade that will partner with their fellow parents to help our wonderful teachers, assistants and specialists and also support your parent peer-group. We are all in this together!
Parent Association (PA) Reps:
- Supporting and attending some, not all, PA sponsored events (3-8 per year). Note: these will likely not be possible this year but keeping it here with fingers crossed!
- Organizing a grade-specific parent/family social – we are creating an innovative list of ideas for building community virtually.
- Attending a monthly PA Meeting. These are held by Zoom this year. Notes and Action Items will be circulated after each meeting.
- Communicating – with the support of the PA Chair – PA business to Classroom Parent
- The Room Parent’s primary roles are that of teacher liaison, parent communications, and volunteer team leader. The room parent should reach out to their classroom teacher within the first two weeks of the school year to let the teacher know that they will be the primary point of contact for the teacher. They will also act as Chair of the classroom support team (Hospitality, Auction, PA rep), ensuring all roles are supported and fulfilled, and manage all communications (emails, sign-up genius, etc.).
- The Hospitality Chairs are responsible for managing the grade-sponsored teacher, administrators and specialists appreciation events along with grade specific-special events (Ex: K graduation, 8th grade parent celebration). The Hospitality Chairs can choose to manage/host events themselves and/or secure volunteers. This person is also responsible for classroom teacher gifts including collecting $, cards, etc. (Christmas, end of year, and birthday) for their class. *This role reports to Room Parent.
Classroom Auction Liaison:
- The classroom Auction Liaison is responsible for procurement of one class sponsored auction item. Additionally, the Auction Liaison is responsible for managing the class auction art project by either leading the project or securing an art lead. This person will partner with the school Auction team to support all auction efforts including education, marketing, and procurement. *This role reports to Room Parent and Auction Chair.
Sign up HERE to join the team!
Questions? Ideas? Concerns? Email us at: